Securing a finance, mortgage or guarantee is a long term commitment. It is wise to exercise prudence and take extra care while going through the process.
Safety tips when taking finance/mortgage/guarantees:
- Ask the NBF bank executive you are dealing with for proof of his/her identity
- Have all your relevant documents, with attested photocopies, ready
- Make sure you sign every photocopied page before you attach it to your application
- Check the 'Most Important Information' note before signing the finance document
- Check all the filled-in details with care before finally handing over your application to the NBF bank executive
- Avoid giving original documents to the executive
- If you issue a cheque for charges or fees, remember to issue it in favour of your bank and not any individual.